News & Events
Job Description - MRC Executive Director
MRC Executive Director Job Description and Expectations
Reports to president of the MRC Board of Directors
- Regular on-site office hours are expected with flexibility to work from home.
- Not expected to be on sight during all events
Oversee daily operations
- Act as emergency contact for property
- Respond to and manage email and phone messages (Mon-Fri)
- Gather and distribute mail
- Develop general awareness of property usage and needs
- Book and manage of events on property
- Act as liaison between renters/staff and board
- Review and manage lease agreements with current and potential clients.
- Operate within established budgets
- Manage current staff and volunteers to maintain facility and complete projects.
- Assist tubing hill staff with tubing season.
Establish policies and procedures
- Work with MRC board to identify best practices for employee and volunteer policies.
- Compliance with federal, state and local regulations (ie, health department, HR, tax compliance, insurance)
Promote facilities to increase community programming and event rental income
- Assist the board in developing community-based programming
- Develop or work with vendors to develop materials to promote facilities
- Develop or work with vendors to update and maintain website and social media accounts
- Marketing skills
- Experience with common office software (Word, PowerPoint, Google, social media)
- Experience managing multiple priorities within deadlines.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Good teamwork skills
- Good public relation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Must agree with and embrace mission, vision and values of Maple Ridge Center
- Experience with fundraising and grant management for nonprofit organizations.
Harvest of the Arts- 2024
Maple Ridge Center has been proud to host the Lewis County Harvest of the Arts Festival in years past during the Fall season. Plans are underway for a return in 2024!
Join Us at Maple Ridge Center
For almost 20 years the Maple Ridge Center in Lowville has provided a place for our community to meet, fellowship, play and celebrate. Graduation parties in the spring, weddings in the summer, festivals in the fall, tubing in the winter or people simply enjoying our campus grounds, we have loved being here for our community. Thank you! Here's to 20 more years of making Lewis County a great place to live, work and play.